& food coloring
Lycopene is a member of the carotenoid family of chemical substances. Lycopene, similar to other carotenoids, is a natural fat-soluble pigment (red, in the case of lycopene) found in certain plants and microorganisms, where it serves as an accessory light-gathering pigment and to protect these organisms against the toxic effects of oxygen and light. Lycopene may also protect humans against certain disorders, such as prostate cancer and perhaps some other cancers, and coronary heart disease.
(1) It has effect like resisting cancer, decreasing tumor, slowing down the speed of the proliferation of tumor. Especially it has better preventive and inhibitory effect on prostate cancer, uterine cancer, pancreatic cancer, bladder cancer, colon cancer, esophageal cancer, and buccal cancer.
(2) It has effect of regulating blood lipid. Its stronger antioxidant action can prevent the LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol being destroyed by oxidation, which can alleviate atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease symptoms.
(3) Anti-radiation. Prevent skin being damaged by ultraviolet radiation.
(4) Anti-aging. Enhance human immunity.
(5) Protecting cardiovascular system and preventing getting heart disease.